Spread the love

People who set goals achieve much more in their life than people that don’t.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist (or even have a goal to be one) to understand why. If you have set a goal and you pursue it, you are going to be ahead of most other people who are in the same area of pursuit who don’t have goals. This has certainly been true for me and many of the goal setters I know (and I know many). I am not afraid to say that many times I don’t achieve my goals within the time frame that I set for them…but I do much better than I would have had I not set a goal at all.

Harvard University did a study of business-school graduates from the class of 1979. 84% of the graduates had no real goals. 13% had goals and plans but had not written them down. Only 3% of the class had written goals accompanied by a plan of action. In 1989, the class was resurveyed. The results showed that the 13% who had at least mental goals were earning twice as much as the 84% with no goals. However, the 3% who had written down their goals and drafted a plan of action were earning ten times as much as the other 97% combined. (“Success is not an Accident”)

Do you want to have an abundant life? Do you want great relationships, fabulous health, and business/financial success? Then you need written goals in all these areas. If you don’t have your goals written down…don’t let today end before you write them down. You are not made for mediocrity…you were uniquely and divinely designed…be a good steward of your blessings, take responsibility for your future, ¬†set your goals, create your action plan…and do it!

P.S. If you struggle with goal setting because you are uncertain as to how, let me know and I am happy to give you some insights.

 


Spread the love