Stories are the most powerful tool we have in presenting a message.
The best presenters I know are not masters of powerpoint. They are not steeped in statistics and information. They do not wow you with charts and graphs. They tell stories.
Here are ten reasons why:
1. Storytelling is simple.
2. Storytelling is timeless.
3. Stories are demographic-proof.
4. Stories are contagious.
5. Stories are easier to remember.
6. Stories inspire.
7. Stories appeal to all types of learners.
8. Stories fit better where most of the learning happens in the workplace.
9. Stories put the listener in a mental learning mode.
10. Telling stories shows respect for the audience.
These were taken from Paul Smith’s book, Lead with a Story