Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Do You Know What Your Best Year Ever Would Look Like?

This is a tricky question because it doesn’t narrow it down for you. It doesn’t say your best year in your career…or your best year financially…or your best year in pickleball…

And that is on purpose. I want to pry your mind open to look at life in the big picture. In my new book 3 Circles Living-Achieving Your Richest Life Possible

I share how to thrive in every area of your life that matters. When you use this platform for setting goals, it changes everything. I know this deeply as I have lived this and taught it for many years and the fruit of this approach is an extraordinary life.

Too often goals are set in a limited way which is not inclusive of all priorities. The challenge in setting limited goals is if in fact the goal is extremely important to you, then it will tend to consume time and attention from any area of life that does not have a goal.

This is certainly fine when it comes to things in life that don’t matter so much, but it is a recipe for disaster in the bigger things in life.

Harvard University did a study of business-school graduates from the class of 1979. 84% of the graduates had no real goals. 13% had goals and plans but had not written them down. Only 3% of the class had written goals accompanied by a plan of action. In 1989, the class was resurveyed. The results showed that the 13% who had at least mental goals were earning twice as much as the 84% with no goals. However, the 3% who had written down their goals and drafted a plan of action were earning ten times as much as the other 97% combined. (from the book Success is not an Accident)

Brian Tracy said “An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.”

I can give you quote after quote about the importance of goals. The challenge is that goal-setting is a personal/professional productivity core competency that most of us have no formal training in.

Here is a Short Course in How to Set the Right Goals for Yourself…

  • Make certain that you consider all of your priorities, and AT LEAST the 3 Circles.
  • Create a SMART goal, at least one significant goal in each priority. (SMART is the basic goal-setting acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reasonable/relevant, Within a Time frame)
  • Create an Action Plan that is broken down into the daily actions that are necessary to accomplish the goal over time.
  • Commit to working one day at a time and doing the daily action.
  • Create benchmarks of progress and be sure to celebrate the accomplishment of these steps.
  • Place the written goals in spots you will see them on a daily basis.

This is obviously very basic. And this is an important thing to grasp…this stuff is not hard. The actual steps that ultimately lead to your goal are all doable. The difference is staying the course. Doing what you need to do when you don’t feel like it. When there are other things you’d rather do. When you are tired, or have hit a wall, or have hit a plateau.

In the video, I share all kinds of nuggets of value about setting and accomplishing goals, that will help you immensely. I encourage you to get my book 3 Circles Living. I know that if you follow what is in this book and deeply understand the why’s of it all, you will be in a better place overall in 12 months and the sky is the limit over the next several years.

Was this helpful for you? Please let me know in the comments below and feel free to share with others. If you have a question or there is a topic you’d like me to write on please email me.

Many Blessings,

Todd

P.S. Coaches are a key part of the success of top performers in all industries. If you are considering working with a coach, reach out to me and we can talk about it.

Subscribe to Todd’s Blog

Join my Facebook Fan Page where I do Live Training.


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •